Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A New(ish) Hobby

 So, a new(ish) hobby.
What does that mean?

Well, I needed something to do when I'm taking breaks from editing my story. Editing and rewriting is very difficult and time consuming, so I really need to take breaks. My brain loves getting fried after editing four pages over the course of two straight hours...

This hobby isn't exactly new, I did it a long time ago, but I decided to try it out again!
This is also a hobby that could bring in some more income. ;) If I get good enough at it to make something worth selling!! (I will definitely keep you, my readers, up to date on that.)

Soap Making.

Yep! I decided to try out making soaps! I loved doing it when I was younger, and I thought I'd try it again.
A couple of pictures of some of my equipment and test soaps:



Right now, I am just trying to remember how to make soaps using the 'melt and pour' soap bases. I am not nearly confident enough to try making soap base from scratch. The whole lye thing intimidates me a little bit. Maybe one day, but I can get pretty high-quality melt and pour soap base from many stores. I got these particular bases from Hobby Lobby. They had a great online sale going on, so I ordered 10 pounds. That was fun to get in the mail.

More to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! So, feel free to comment whenever you so desire. :)