Sunday, August 31, 2014

Gnomely Weekend

Its been pretty chill this weekend in the life of Lovely Gnome.

Saturday, I took a real day off. I didn't do much at all except lounge about. Really productive, right? Although, I did work on my first Weekly Bible Post. It should be ready by tomorrow!! Woohoo!!

Today was a bit more exciting!

First off, went to church with Handsome Gnome and some of our friends. This is always fun! I enjoy getting to spend time with these people.

This morning, my pastor preached on Psalms 88-89. Have you ever read Psalms 88? Talk about depressing. It was really interesting though! My pastor mentioned how Psalms is written like a Christian's walk through life. We have the up times, and we have the down times. Psalms 88 is apparently a down time. But, there are also the good times, like Psalms 89.

After church and a bit of brunch from Bojangles, we headed back to college campus to watch Inception! I was the only one out of the four of us who hadn't watched it, so...it was for my benefit.

What did I think?

Well...it didn't confuse me, sorta, which kinda confuses me. It was a very interesting strange movie. I'd have to watch it again is what they all tell me. ;) Apparently it gets easier to understand as you go along. One of my friends saw something he hadn't seen before, and this was his 7th time watching it...so who knows.

This was another movie marked off Handsome Gnome's (and my) list of movies we need to watch. :) Here is the list so far and the ones marked off that I have now watched:

- Dark Knight
- All of the Harry Potter movies
- Inception
- Hitched
- Expendables 2
- Troll 2 (Best worst movie I've ever watched....)
- Letters to Juliet (This is my addition!)
And finally,
- The rest of Arrow (Superhero TV show)

So, we've watched most of the list. Only a couple more to go! And yes, we love action movies. That is my kind of movie. When people think we are nuts, I give proof to it by mentioning that Handsome Gnome took me to see Robocop for our first official Valentine's Day together. (And yes, I LOVED it. Romantic movies are nice, but nothing beats a good superhero/action movie. ;) ) But if you look at the list, two of them are chick flicks. His favorite and my favorite.

Now!! This afternoon and evening, I went to the lake with my family and grandparents. That was fun! We scooted around on the lake and grilled supper on the boat. (Portable grill, not a campfire. Silly people.) And I get to do it again tomorrow!! Yay for a day off to spend with my family!!

Anywho, this is Lovely Gnome, heading out. Time for much needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! So, feel free to comment whenever you so desire. :)