Monday, March 9, 2015

The Pinwheel

Oh my goodness, this soap was so fun to make.

One thing I have found out about this hobby of mine, it takes a lot of patience. I don't have a lot of patience, so this is teaching me how to be. I have ruined a total of two soaps from being impatient.
So, yay for a hobby that teaches me something!!!

Back to the actual soap....

It took a few steps, and I forgot to take pictures for each one, but the making of the pinwheel is great. I took three ounces of white soap base, microwaved it for 25 seconds, and put a tiny bit of liquid glycerin into the melted soap. Somewhere around 1/3 of an ounce. (I just eyeballed it, and it still turned out great!) Then this went onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Basically, it just needed to be flat.

I did the same thing to another three ounces, but this time, I added a bit of color to it. I wanted it to be blue, but decided as I was adding little bits of color that I liked this shade of purple a lot better!

I sprayed the first layer with rubbing alcohol, and then added the purple soap base once it was not too hot.

Once it set after a few minutes, I took it off the cookie sheet and rolled it.

The result?


I ended up with nine, half inch thick pinwheels!!

And oh how much fun this soap was to make!

Now, what do you do with pinwheels??

I'm glad you asked.

You can just use the pinwheels, but they are not very large bars and wouldn't last very long...but they will clean your hands!

But today, I made Pinwheel Soap.


First, I stuck one of my pinwheels into the mold and sprayed it with rubbing alcohol. I may have sprayed it too much, which made a few imperfections in the final bar.

Melting 2.5 oz of soap, I added a little bit of Crisp Cotton scent, a sample I received. I added two drops. This scent is SUPER strong, at least to my sensitive senses. 


 I let the melted base cool for a little bit, and poured it around the pinwheel. This is something I definitely need to work on a bit more. Embeds are harder than they seem!

 Here is my finished pinwheel soap! You can see the little imperfections from the too much rubbing alcohol, but hey, I'm not a professional. Not yet anyway!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! So, feel free to comment whenever you so desire. :)