Monday, March 23, 2015

Yoda and Reading

No, not the little green Jedi. My car. It's a twenty-four year old Toyota Camry, so I named it Yoda, and it's blue, not green.

Anyway, I had some excitement this past week. Something I had hoped to never experience.

My car dying in the middle of the road.

Not only the middle of the road, but on a very busy road.

During rush hour traffic.

And at the time, I didn't know that my hazard lights weren't working.

Ah yes...that was exciting.

After an eighteen wheeler almost ran me over, lots of praying, and another big pickup truck helped push me off the road, we found out that my alternator quick working which caused my battery to die.

So much excitement...

Thankfully, we were able to find a new one for my car and now she drives wonderfully!

And I am so thankful that God kept me safe.

Sunrise one morning

Also this past week, I went on my very first double date with my Handsome Gnome. That was so much fun! We went with my best friend from my childhood and her new fiancee. It was a lot of fun and can't wait to do it again!






I took my sister to see Cinderella and just to hang out. It was fun to get to hang out with her on my day off.


This week is a bit hard. I was supposed to be packing this week, preparing to go back to the UK, but God had other plans for me. There is the small part of me that is really disappointed, but there is some reason that He has for me to be here.
Today, I read 1 Peter 1. It is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible. This part really encouraged me today:

"In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls."
-1 Peter 1:6-9

It reminds me that God is in control. God knows what I am going through. This is why I am here.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are safe...and that your true excitement was the repeated evidence of the grace of God at work in your life!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! So, feel free to comment whenever you so desire. :)